P1715: Saturation Risks Computation Improved for the Storage Pools ViewDec 14, 2015
Version 7.1.01 of Storage Capacity Views for BMC TrueSight CO, which can be installed on top of version 7.1.00 or directly as a fresh install.
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if the Saturation Risk and Oversubscription Risk information is not correct in the Storage Pools view.
What does it fix?
This patch offers the following improvements and fixes:
- The computation method for the Saturation Risk and Oversubscription Risk has been improved. It is now based on the consumed capacity observed for the last 30 days.
- Storage pools with a capacity of zero are now considered as not available (dash ‘-’ value) instead of ‘Saturated’.
How to install the patch?
- Access the BMC TrueSight CO Console.
- In the Administration tab, click System > Maintenance.
- Verify the installation status of the already uploaded packages. If their status is "READY" or "RUNNING", wait for the installation to complete before proceeding.
- At the bottom of the Maintenance page, locate the Upload patch or additional package file section.
- Click Browse, locate and select the file to download named Storage-Capacity-Views-for-BMC-TrueSight-CO-7.1.01.zip
- Click Upload
- Read the Overview and click Next to continue.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the server on which the operation must be executed; that is on which server the package will be saved.
- Click Proceed to continue.
- A successful installation will result in a green line in the Additional packages table.