Monitoring Studio Denies Access to the Web Interface
KB1244 - Mar 21, 2019
Type: Best Practice
Description: How to reset the PATROL user account settings when access to the Monitoring Studio Web Interface is denied.
Additional Keywords: Monitoring Studio X, User Account, Login, Username, Password, cfg
If you experience difficulties logging in to the Web Console of Monitoring Studio X with your usual username and password, you may need to reset the properties related to the PATROL user account to their default settings.
- Download X_reset-access-win.zip or X_reset-access-linux.zip to the system where the Agent is running (you can use the Linux file on traditional UNIX systems as well).
- Unzip the downloaded file.
Run the command below to apply the .cfg file on the Agent system:
pconfig -p <agent-port> <path-to>X_reset-access-win.cfg +RESTART
agent-portis the port of the PATROL Agent (not the one of the Web interface), typically 3181.
Wait for the Agent to restart.
- Refresh the Monitoring Studio X page in your Web browser and log in with credentials valid on the Agent system (the PATROL Agent's default account, for example).
- Make sure to re-configure your agent settings and HTTP Server settings to enforce the level of security required in your environment.
The above .cfg file resets the following settings in the agent's configuration:
- The access control list allows any user to connect to the agent, from any client system
- The agent's default account is allowed to connect to the Web interface
- Any group is allowed to connect to the Web interface
- The Web interface does not check whether the connecting user is in the agent's access control list
- The default account of the PATROL agent to LOCALSYSTEM (on Windows systems only)