Troubleshooting Issue with TrueSight Presentation Server 11.3.03 Upgrade
KB1260 - Jan 20, 2020
Description: This article explains how to troubleshoot the issues related the upgrade of TrueSight Presentation Server to version 11.3.03 when Monitoring Studio X Component is already installed.
Additional Keywords: Monitoring Studio X
The upgrade of TrueSight Presentation Server to version 11.3.03 while Monitoring Studio X Component is already installed and configured in your environment will prevent the proper loading of the Monitoring Studio X Component in TrueSight:
- The TrueSight interface no longer shows links to Monitoring Studio X
- The Component page no longer lists Monitoring Studio X
The problem is that the upgrade script inappropriately adds entries in the
/opt/bmc/TrueSightPServer/truesightpserver/conf/custom/csr.conf configuration file, that override the Monitoring Studio X Component’s default entries in
To fix the problem, edit the
/opt/bmc/TrueSightPServer/truesightpserver/conf/services/csr.conf and search for these 2 lines:
Note: The numbers may vary depending on your environment.
Replace the entry numbers (282 and 283 in the above example) with numbers that are not listed in either this file
./conf/custom/csr.conf. In a typical setup, replacing 282 and 283 with 287 and 288 will work:
Then restart TrueSight Presentation Server with the below commands:
$ ./tssh server stop $ ./tssh server start
Everything should work as expected after the restart and a refresh the TrueSight interface in your browser.
- Embedding a File in a Monitoring Studio X Template
- Getting Notified When a Parameter is no Longer in Alert
- Monitoring Studio Denies Access to the Web Interface
- Monitoring Studio X Unexpectedly Hangs or Consumes High CPU When Running a JRE Higher Than 8
- Monitoring a Non-Listed Database with Monitoring Studio X
- Properly Setting the Exit Codes When Configuring the Command Line Monitor
- Text Processing with Monitoring Studio X