System Requirements for Sentry KMs
KB1263 - Mar 25, 2020
Type: Best Practice
Description: This article provides the minimum hardware requirements for the PATROL Agent and Sentry KMs.
Additional Keywords: Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL, System Requirements
Sentry Software recommends having at minimum, per instance of PATROL Agent and a Sentry KM:
- 2 CPU cores
- 4 GB of RAM
On a system configured for remote monitoring, with both a PATROL Agent and a Sentry KM installed, 4 CPU cores and 8 GB of RAM would be the recommended specifications for optimal performance.
This may need to be increased, depending on the number of other KMs loaded/running at the same time, additional PATROL Agents running on the same system, and the size of the environment.
Increasing the Java Collection Hub Maximum Heap Size
If your system is configured as above, but the KM runs out of memory without reaching the physical limit, then you may need to configure the Collection Hub Heap Size Maximum, as detailed in KB 1240.
- Forcing Detection of WMI-based Connectors when Required WMI Namespace is Unavailable
- Hardware Monitoring: Disabling Missing Device Detection
- Hardware Monitoring: Enabling Missing Device Detection
- Object IDs shown in Hardware Sentry KM do not Match with Other Management Consoles
- Performance and Stability Best Practices for Hardware Sentry KM
- SSH-based monitoring fails due to incompatible Java versions
- TrueSight Presentation Server Does Not Load After Installing Hardware Sentry TSPS component
- Unable to Perform Remote Monitoring from Windows 2008 Servers with UAC Turned on