TrueSight Presentation Server Does Not Load After Installing Hardware Sentry TSPS component
KB1275 - Nov 17, 2020
Description: What to do when the TrueSight Presentation Server interface does not load after installing the Hardware Sentry TSPS component.
Additional Keywords: Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL, Hardware Sentry TSPS Component
After installing the Hardware Sentry TSPS component, the TrueSight Presentation Server Web Interface may fail to load. This is caused by an enumeration conflict in the TSPS configuration. Two entries in the csr.conf files may be using the same configuration key.
The solution is to check the csr.conf files on the TSPS server, looking for the entry
hardware-sentry-tsps-rest-api.jar, and ensure that no other entry in either file is using the same configuration key.
The csr.conf files are stored in:
In the example below, the following lines are the two which are conflicting.
As these cannot both use the same configuration key (285 in the above example), one will need to be replaced with a number which is not listed in either file.
In a standard configuration, this can be changed to 287 instead, as shown here:
Once the configuration key has been modified and the changes saved, TrueSight Presentation Server must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
The restart may be performed with the below commands:
tssh server stop tssh server start
After refreshing the TrueSight Presentation Server Web page, everything should work as expected.
- Forcing Detection of WMI-based Connectors when Required WMI Namespace is Unavailable
- Hardware Monitoring: Disabling Missing Device Detection
- Hardware Monitoring: Enabling Missing Device Detection
- Object IDs shown in Hardware Sentry KM do not Match with Other Management Consoles
- Performance and Stability Best Practices for Hardware Sentry KM
- SSH-based monitoring fails due to incompatible Java versions
- System Requirements for Sentry KMs
- Unable to Perform Remote Monitoring from Windows 2008 Servers with UAC Turned on