Monitoring Studio X: HTTP Proxy Authentication Fails When Using Java 8 Update 111 or Later
KB1281 - Mar 08, 2021
Description: Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required" when using Monitoring Studio X.
Additional Keywords: Monitoring Studio X, Web request, java
When using an HTTP Proxy server for authenticating your Web requests, the basic authentication may fail with the following exception:
This exception occurs because proxies requiring Basic authentication when setting up a tunnel for HTTPS no longer succeeds by default starting from Java 8 Update 111.
To solve this issue, you need to reactivate the authentication scheme by removing Basic from the
jdk.http.auth.tunneling.disabledSchemes networking property, or by setting a system property of the same name to
"" ( empty ).
To reactivate the authentication scheme from Monitoring Studio X:
- Log in to the Monitoring Studio X Web Interface
- Go to Agent > Java Settings
- In the JVM Arguments field, enter:
- Embedding a File in a Monitoring Studio X Template
- Getting Notified When a Parameter is no Longer in Alert
- Monitoring SharePoint 2016 and 2019 with Monitoring Studio X
- Monitoring Studio Denies Access to the Web Interface
- Monitoring Studio X Unexpectedly Hangs or Consumes High CPU When Running a JRE Higher Than 8
- Monitoring a Non-Listed Database with Monitoring Studio X
- Properly Setting the Exit Codes When Configuring the Command Line Monitor
- Text Processing with Monitoring Studio X
- Troubleshooting Issues with TrueSight Presentation 11.3.03 Upgrade