- This article explains why no environnent information on Sun T1000/T2000 Servers (aka T100 / T200). Customers using remote monitoring of the server's ALOM card are not affected by this issue.
- ALOM Card, Sun
No Environment Information on Sun T1000/T2000 Servers
KB1022 - Nov 02, 2009
Environmental information in KM 1.6 / PM 2.7 is now monitored by the Prtpicl command on Sun 4v servers instead of using Snapshot. However on T1000/T2000 servers, the Prtpicl command does not work correctly.
When using KM 1.6 or PM 2.7, Sun T1000/T2000 server will not show fans, power supplies, temperatures, voltages and the system description, despite having the same configuration as other Sun 4v servers.
Use one of the previous methods (Snapshot / remote monitoring of the ALOM card) to monitor the server.
Note: Snapshot requires that Sun-Explorer is installed and sudo / root access to run /opt/SUNWexplo/bin/snapshot.
- Hardware Monitoring: Abnormally High CPU consumption on SUN platforms
- Monitoring Sun Fire F12K, F15K, E20K and E25K Servers with Hardware Sentry
- Monitoring Sun Fire M4000, M5000, M8000 and M9000 Servers with Hardware Sentry
- Monitoring Sun SPARC T1 and T2 systems (sun4v) with Hardware Sentry
- Monitoring Sun Solaris Systems (sun4u) with Hardware Sentry
- Monitoring Sun StorageTek Disk Arrays with Hardware Sentry
- Monitoring Sun X86 and X64 Systems with Hardware Sentry