- Best Practice
- This article explains how to enable missing device detection for specific component types on Hardware Sentry KM 1.7.xx.
- Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL
Hardware Monitoring: Enabling Missing Device Detection
KB1063 - May 23, 2011
The Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL 1.7.xx is designed not to trigger an alert when the following component types go missing.
If you wish to perform missing device detection on any of these component types you can override the default list.
For example if you wish to be alerted when the logical disks go missing, then:
- Import the Patrol Agent configuration of the host on which you wish to add this functionality
- Create a new variable /SENTRY/HARDWARE/noMissingDeviceDetectionClasses
- Add the following list in the value field as shown below, or simply remove the MS_HW_LOGICALDISK class from the list.
- Apply the configuration and Reinitialize Hardware Sentry by right-clicking a Hardware instance in the PATROL Console and selecting "Reinitialize KM" from the KM Commands. The default list of component types will then exclude the LOGICAL DISK type and activate the missing device detection for this component type.
The default list of component types for which no alert will be trigger when they go missing will then look like:
For more information on global configuration variables please refer to http://www.sentrysoftware.com/library/mshw/global_configuration_variables.htm