EMC SMI-S Provider: Modifying the Port
KB1067 - May 31, 2011
Type: Best Practice
Description: How to change the port on which the EMC SMI-S Provider listens from the server the EMC SMI-S Provider is running and from Profiler GUI.
Additional Keywords: EMC SMI-S Provider
This article describes how to modify the ports on which the EMC SMI-S Provider listens:
- 5988 for http traffic
- 5989 for https traffic.
Port 443 is used for bidirectional communication between the EMC SMI-S Provider and CLARiiON. If a firewall exists between the EMC SMI-S Provider installation and a CLARiiON array, this port must be opened in the firewall.
Modifying the port
To change the port the EMC SMI-S Provider listens on:
On the machine running the Provider:
- Stop the ECOM Service
- Navigate to Install_dir\ ECIM\ECOM\conf
- Edit the file properties, uncheck Read-only, and click ok
- Open the file named port_settings.xml.
- Change the port0 and port1 tag values.
- Save the port_settings.xml file.
- Start the ECOM Service.
In the Profiler GUI:
- Go to Administration Hosts
- Click the monkey wrench icon corresponding to the Array.
- Change the HTTP port to the port previously set in the port_settings.xml file.
- Save the changes.