- Best Practice
- This article describes how performance metrics are retrieved from Hitachi Data Systems.
- HDS SMI-S Provider, Hitachi
HDS SMI-S Provider: Getting Performance Metrics
KB1072 - May 31, 2011
As illustrated below, USP V/VM and TagmaStore USP require a Device Manager Agent installed to get performance metrics; Hitachi AMS Series, TagmaStore AMS/WMS series, Thunder 9500V, and Thunder 9200 requires a Device Manager server. High Command Device Manager 5.9 or higher can provide performance statistics.
While the HDS SMI-S Provider gives information on volume, port, and overall array performance metrics, Tuning Manager provides Disk and Controller performance metrics. Tuning Manager uses a proprietary API.
Enabling performance on 9580
To enable performance on 9580:
- Start Storage Navigator
- Change the operation mode to Management Mode
- In the SettingsConfiguration Settings menu, select the Performance tab
- Select the Performance Statistics tab.
- Check all performance choices.
- HDS SMI-S Provider: Enabling SMI-S on Device Manager
- Hitachi Device Manager Running out of Memory
- Installing the Hitachi Device Manager Agent on Linux
- Leveraging the HSNM2 CLI to Monitor Hitachi (HDS) AMS, HUS Systems
- Monitoring Hitachi HNAS Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Hitachi VSP Gxxxx Series with Hitachi Disk Arrays KM for PATROL
- Monitoring Hitachi and HP 9000 Disk Arrays with Sentry's Solutions