- This article describes the procedure to follow if the SMI-S provider is returning incorrect Operational Status field from CLARiiON and VNX Arrays.
- EMC, CLARiiON, VNX
SMI-S Provider Returning Incorrect Operational Status Field from CLARiiON and VNX Arrays
KB1098 - Jul 25, 2012
The EMC SMI-S Provider 4.3.x does not properly reports Controllers’ status on Clariion and VNX Arrays. The EMC SMI-S Provider needs to be upgraded to version 4.4.x.
The SMI-S Provider integrated in the EMC Solutions Enabler versions prior to 7.4.00 triggers a WARNING on the Status parameter for the controllers in EMC Clariion and VNX storage systems.
Solutions Enabler 7.3.x (SMI-S Provider 4.3.x) executing query (SELECT __PATH, OperationalStatus, StatusDescriptions FROM EMC_StorageProcessorSystem) via SMI-S provider to Clariion array returns:
3|32769|;Degraded|ONLINE|; even though using the Navisphere/Unisphere interface to generate the "Fault Status Reports" reports normal activity ("The array is operating normally").
This error is caused by the operation status calculation of the EMC Solutions Enabler that is incorrect in versions prior to 7.4.00. To fix this problem, you need to upgrade to SMI-S provider 4.4.x integrated to EMC Solutions Enabler 18.104.22.168.
- EMC VNX Monitoring with Hardware Sentry Fails Because of Special Characters in the Password
- How to Rebuild the SYMAPI Database in the EMC SMI-S Provider
- Monitoring Dell EMC CLARiiON Using the SMI-S Provider
- Monitoring EMC Atmos Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring EMC Data Domain Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring EMC Isilon Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring EMC RecoverPoint Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring EMC Symmetrix Disk Arrays with Sentry's Solutions
- Monitoring VNX Disk Arrays
- Monitoring the EMC SMI-S Provider with Monitoring Studio
- Preventing the Automatic Discovery of EMC Symmetrix Arrays
- Removing an EMC CLARiiON System from the SMI-S Provider
- Removing an EMC Symmetrix System from the SMI-S Provider
- Verifying that Every EMC Disk Arrays are Properly Attached to an EMC SMI-S Provider