- Best Practice
- This article explains how to configure Monitoring Studio to search for a string in a log file and get a new alarm each time this line is found."
- File Monitoring, Log File, String Search
Log File Monitoring: Searching for a String and Triggering Alarm for each Occurrence
KB1112 - Feb 21, 2013
By default, an alarm is only generated when the string specified is first found in a log file. This behavior can however be modified to get a new alarm each time the matching line is found in a log file.
To get a new alarm each time a matching line is found in a log file:
- Right-click a String Search… instance and select Knowledge Module Commands > Set Thresholds…
The following dialog box is displayed:
- Select MatchingLineCount and click Next
- Review the threshold settings
- From Execute the Alert Actions drop-down list, select every time a matching line is found and click Set thresholds.
- Click OK. You will now get an alarm each time a matching line is found in your log file.
- Monitoring Studio: Counting the Number of Files in a Specific Directory
- Monitoring Studio: Extracting Values from a Multiple-Line File
- Monitoring Studio: File Monitoring on Dynamic Files
- Monitoring Studio: Getting Automatically Notified by Email for an Error in a Log File
- Monitoring Studio: Increasing Maximum File Size Limit
- Monitoring Studio: Monitoring Remote Log/Flat Files
- Monitoring Studio: Unexpected Output for a String Search