No command type for parameter '<parameter_name>' -- parameter suspended
KB1117 - May 31, 2013
Description: How to prevent error messages due to a threshold management issue in the BMC Event Management KM.
Additional Keywords: Knowledge Modules, Thresholds
Messages such as the following are massively piling up in the PATROL_HOME/log/PatrolAgent-<hostname>-<port>.errs files:
No command type for parameter ‘<parameter_name>’ -- parameter suspended
Tue Apr 23 04:42:50 PM 2013: PatrolAgent-E-EINTERNAL: No command type for parameter `ReceivedPacketsRate' -- parameter suspended
Tue Apr 23 04:42:50 PM 2013: PatrolAgent-E-EINTERNAL: No command type for parameter `ReceivedBytesRate' -- parameter suspended
Wed Apr 24 03:12:33 PM 2013: PatrolAgent-E-EINTERNAL: No command type for parameter `ControllerStatus' -- parameter suspended
The following message may also be present:
Maximum number of messages (100000) logged.
>>> NO MORE MESSAGES WILL BE LOGGED <<<
Additionally, it appears that the PATROL agent simply stopped after the log file got filled up with a predefined error logging limit.
The parameters these messages are related to are of type “Consumer”, which means that no command is associated to them (no PSL, no OS, etc.); therefore the error messages do not make much sense. This is actually a bug of the Event Management KM. This problem has been addressed in the 2.8.10.01 patch. This patch is available for downloads on the BMC website: webepd.bmc.com/epd/
More info can be found here:
BMC PATROL Knowledge Module for Event Management Patch 2 8 10 01 Technical Bulletin.pdf
- BPPM Group View: Monitors not Displayed in Tree Views
- Creating a Hierarchical View in BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management
- How to Know Which Version of the Hardware Sentry KM is Currently Installed on Your System?
- Integrating the Sentry Software's KMs into BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management (BPPM)
- Managing Thresholds in Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL
- Managing Thresholds in Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL 1.8.00
- Managing Thresholds: the Event Management Thresholds Mechanism
- Managing Thresholds: the Tuning Thresholds Mechanism
- Removing Thresholds on the ConsumedCapacityPercentage Parameter Available for Volumes