Prerequisites to Monitor HP ProLiant Servers Running Linux
KB1128 - Jan 29, 2014
Type: Best Practice
Description: The packages that need to be installed on a HP ProLiant server running Linux.
Additional Keywords: HP, HP Insight Management, HP ProLiant
This article lists the packages that need to be installed on a HP ProLiant server running Linux.
Minimal installation of RedHat 6.
Installing IPMI is not required.
yum install net-snmp.x86_64
rpm -ivh hp-health-9.31-1572.3.rhel6.x86_64.rpm
rpm -ivh hp-snmp-agents-9.30-2412.33.rhel6.x86_64.rpm
The first one is required to install hp-health (hp-health’s installation will fail requesting pciutils).
The installation of the HP agents will not install the OpenIPMI package
- Monitoring HP Blade Chassis Virtual Connect with Hardware Sentry
- Monitoring HP Blade Systems with Hardware Sentry
- Monitoring HP ProLiant Servers with Hardware Sentry
- Monitoring HP StorageWorks MSA2000/P2000 with Hardware Sentry
- Monitoring HP StoreOnce using Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring HP-UX Servers Through the HP WBEM Provider
- SNMP 'get_next' fails on Network adapter on HP ProLiant Servers