- This article explains the procedure to follow if the tree view available in the BPPM 9.0 console only displays the devices and not the monitors.
- Knowledge Modules, BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management, BPPM
BPPM Group View: Monitors not Displayed in Tree Views
KB1134 - Mar 04, 2014
In the KB1114, you learnt how to create a hierarchical view in BPPM. It had been observed that for some Sentry’s storage-based KMs, the monitors are not properly displayed in the tree view:
even though they are displayed in the Grid View:
This is a known BPPM bug which has been observed on BPPM versions up to Service Pack 9.0.22 - BMC ProactiveNet Server 9.0 build 231178031.
To solve this issue:
- On the BPPM server, run the pw dump 2 command.
- Collect its output.
- Raise a case with BMC Support who will then provide you with a patched pw_server.jar file.
- Replace the existing pw/pronto/lib/ pw_server.jar file with the patched file provided by BMC.
Once you have applied the patched file, the complete tree should appear as below:
- Class-41 Events not Sent to Cell After Upgrading PATROL Agent to v9.5
- Closing Sentry Class-41 Events in BEM/BPPM when Class-9 Events are Generated
- Creating a Hierarchical View in BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management
- How to Know Which Version of the Hardware Sentry KM is Currently Installed on Your System?
- Integrating the Sentry Software's KMs into BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management (BPPM)
- No command type for parameter '<parameter_name>' -- parameter suspended
- Problem: Missing Sentry Software's KMs in BPPM CMA Monitoring Repository
- Updating the mc_host and mc_host_address Slots of Sentry Class-41 Events in BEM with the Actual Hostname and IP Address of the Remotely Monitored System