Removing an EMC CLARiiON System from the SMI-S Provider
KB1153 - Aug 21, 2014
Type: Best practice
Description: How to remove an EMC CLARiiON array from the SMI-S provider using the remsys command and the TestSmiProvider utility.
Additional Keywords: CLARiiON, EMC, Performance, SMI-S provider, remsys, TestSmiProvider
To reduce the SMI-S provider workload and therefore improve performance, it is recommended to remove some EMC systems from the SMI-S provider. This action can be performed with the remsys command.
The “remsys” command requires SMI-S 4.3.x or later.
- Log into the server where the SMI-S Provider is installed.
- Open a command prompt.
- Change directory to: C:\Program Files\EMC\ECIM\ECOM\bin (where C:\ is the ECIM install drive).
- Type TestSmiProvider to launch the utility.
- Login with an Admin username and password.
- Type “ein” to enumerate instance names.
- Type the class value “Clar_StorageSystem”. The utility should produce output similar to the following:
++++ Testing EnumerationInstanceNames: Clar_StorageSystem ++++
- Copy the entire path of the array that you wish to remove.
Example: Clar_StorageSystem.CreationClassName="Clar_StorageSystem",Name="CLARiiON CKx000xxxxxxxxxx"
- Append the EMC CLARiiON path to WBEM server path.
- Type “remsys”.
- Type “Y” to confirm.
- Paste the new object path at the Systems ObjectPath prompt.
- Type “Y” to confirm.
The EMC CLARiiON array should now be removed. You can run a “dv” command to verify the system has actually been removed.
- EMC VNX Monitoring with Hardware Sentry Fails Because of Special Characters in the Password
- How to Rebuild the SYMAPI Database in the EMC SMI-S Provider
- Monitoring Dell EMC CLARiiON Using the SMI-S Provider
- Monitoring EMC Atmos Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring EMC Data Domain Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring EMC Isilon Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring EMC RecoverPoint Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring VNX Disk Arrays
- Monitoring the EMC SMI-S Provider with Monitoring Studio
- Preventing the Automatic Discovery of EMC Symmetrix Arrays
- Removing an EMC Symmetrix System from the SMI-S Provider
- SMI-S Provider Returning Incorrect Operational Status Field from CLARiiON and VNX Arrays
- Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
- Verifying that Every EMC Disk Arrays are Properly Attached to an EMC SMI-S Provider