How to Rebuild the SYMAPI Database in the EMC SMI-S Provider
KB1161 - Nov 24, 2014
Type: Best Practice
Description: How to rebuild the SYMAPI database in the EMC SMI-S provider if the database is in an inconsistent state or if it fails to synchronize data.
Additional Keywords: ECOM, EMC, SYMAPI database, SMI-S provider
The Sentry Software’s solutions for EMC Storage systems are based on the EMC SMI-S provider. At times, the internal database of EMC SMI-S provider may fail to synchronize data or be in an inconsistent state during the synchronization.
When these situations occur, the following error message appears in the Sentry solutions’ debug logs:
138 F:ERROR_FAMILY_FAILED R:1200019 1200019 : "The internal database is in an inconsistent state, and must be fully synchronized before performing this operation."
To solve this issue, you need to rebuild the SYMAPI database of the EMC SMI-S provider.
- Backup and remove the symapi database. The symapi database file (symapi_db.bin) can be located in C:\Program Files\EMC\SYMAPI\db\
- Stop the ECOM service.
- Stop all Solutions Enabler daemons.
- Remove all files located in Program files\emc\symapi\log.
- Remove all files located in Program files\emc\ecim\ecom\log.
- Stop the slp daemon.
- Restart the ECOM service.
- Start the slp daemon.
- Monitoring EMC Atmos Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring EMC Data Domain Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring EMC Isilon Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring EMC RecoverPoint Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring EMC Symmetrix Disk Arrays with Sentry's Solutions
- Monitoring the EMC SMI-S Provider with Monitoring Studio
- Preventing the Automatic Discovery of EMC Symmetrix Arrays
- Removing an EMC CLARiiON System from the SMI-S Provider
- Removing an EMC Symmetrix System from the SMI-S Provider
- SMI-S Provider Returning Incorrect Operational Status Field from CLARiiON and VNX Arrays
- Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
- Verifying that Every EMC Disk Arrays are Properly Attached to an EMC SMI-S Provider