- This article explains why the Sentry Software's ETLs that are using WBEM to collect capacity information are unable to collect data and return the 'WBEMClient is not initialized' error message.
- TrueSight Capacity Optimization
Sentry's ETLs Using WBEM: Unable to Collect Data
KB1179 - Mar 03, 2016
This article explains the procedure to follow if after installing and configuring a version prior to 10.5.00 of one of our ETLs that are using the WBEM protocol to collect capacity information, the ETL is unable to collect data.
- Run the TroubleShooting connection tools to check the connection settings (hostname, IP address, port and credentials).
- If your connection settings are correct, generate logs and look for the ‘WBEMClient is Not Initialized’ error message:
ERROR: 2016/02/08 09:07:38 CET ; Thread 7521020 ; EMC ; com.sentrysoftware.portal.common.job.interruption.ControlledExecution ; $Revision$ ; doRun
| An operation fails.
| EXCEPTION ResponseException : null
| ResponseException [Error=protocol.response, Context=[WBEM/CIM-XML, java.lang.IllegalStateException: WBEMClient is not initialized.]]
This error message is generated when there is an extra white space in the Hostname field of the ETL Configuration. This extra white space is often introduced by a copy/paste of the hostname or IP address in the Hostname field. This white space can also be observed in the connection string of the log file, between the hostname/IP address and the colon (:) as shown below:
| Creating a new client with the following environment : Host HTTP://10.0.10.12 :5988, Username=admin
To solve this issue:
- Edit the ETL configuration
- Expand the Connection settings menu
- In the Hostname field, remove the extra white space as illustrated below:
- Save the configuration.
- EMC SMI-S Agent ETL – Terminology and Computation Methods Simply Explained
- Generating Log Files for Storage ETLs
- How is Host Mapping Reconciled in TrueSight Capacity Optimization?
- TrueSight Capacity Optimization for Storage: Assessing the Requirements
- Unable to Install Sentry’s Connectors on BMC Capacity Optimization v9.5.01
- Understanding the NetApp Integration into BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization
- What is the difference between Host Mapping and Reconciled Host Mapping?
- Where to Find NetApp Filers in the Capacity Views for TrueSight Capacity Optimization