- This article explains how to set the cluster configuration in read-only mode.
- Veritas Cluster Server KM for PATROL, Multi-node
Veritas Cluster Server KM – Unable to Determine Which File is in Read-Only Mode
KB1198 - Jun 07, 2017
In Multi-node monitoring mode, Veritas Cluster Server KM for PATROL is sometimes unable to determine which file is in read-only mode. This situation occurs when the cluster configuration is left open to some operations. To solve this issue, you will have to make sure that the cluster configuration is in read-only mode.
- Verify that the cluster configuration is in read-only mode:
- Run the haclus -display -localclus command
- Check that the ReadOnly attribute is set to 1
- If the cluster configuration is not in read-only mode:
- Run the haconf -makerw command to change VCS to read-write mode and enable changes to be performed to the configuration while VCS is running
- Run the haconf -dump -makero command to write the configuration to disk and change the VCS mode back to read-only mode.