- Configuration Template
- This article explains how to use the pre-built configuration for Nimble Storage appliances with Monitoring Studio v9.4 and higher.
- Configuration Template, Nimble, Nimble Storage Appliances
Monitoring Nimble Storage Appliances with Monitoring Studio
KB1209 - Nov 21, 2017
This article explains how to import the pre-built configuration into Monitoring Studio to monitor Nimble Storage appliances.
The pre-built configuration collects the following metrics:
|PATROL Console||Collected Parameters|
Importing the Pre-Built Configuration
Before using the pre-built configuration, make sure that:
- The PATROL Agent 9.6 or later is installed and properly configured,
- Monitoring Studio KM 9.4 or higher is installed with the latest patches and loaded on the PATROL Agent.
- Download the NimbleCS-for-MSv94 -<version>.zip file, unzip the cfg file and copy it on the server where the PATROL Agent and the Monitoring Studio KM is installed.
- Right-click on the main Monitoring Studio icon > KM Commands > Configuration > Import Configuration…
Importing the pre-built configuration
- Locate the folder where the downloaded .cfg file is saved and select the NimbleCS-for-MSv94 -<version>.zip configuration file.
Selecting the configuration file to import
- Indicate the username and password to connect to the Nimble REST API. The TOKEN group constant is not required since this value will be retrieved by Monitoring Studio at the first collect. Click Next.
Setting Group Constants
- Monitoring Studio indicates the number of hosts found in the configuration file that require specific information before being imported. You can click the Hosts button to view the list. Click Next.
Verifying the Host Information
- Provide the hostname or IP address of the Nimble Storage appliance to be monitored and click Next.
Providing the Hostname or IP Address of the Nimble Storage Appliance to be Monitored
- Specify the credentials of the Nimble host to be monitored and click Next.
Providing the Credentials to Connect to the Nimble Storage Appliance to be Monitored
- Review the Import Summary and click Next.
Reviewing the import summary
- Click Finish to launch the discovery.
To learn more about the monitor types used in this configuration template, please refer to the Specifying the Monitors Used section of the user documentation.
Please refer to Professional Services page to learn more about the consulting services available.
- Monitoring Dell EMC Avamar Appliances using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring EMC Elastic Cloud using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring EMC ViPR Controllers using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring F5 BIG-IP Systems with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring HP StoreOnce using Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Hitachi Content Platform with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Hitachi Data Ingestor with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Huawei OceanStor 9000 Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Huawei V3 Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring IBM DataPower Appliance using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring IBM FlashSystem 900 Storage Devices with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring IronPort Systems with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Microsoft Lync Server 2010 with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Microsoft Lync Server 2013/Skype for Business with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring MySQL Server 5.5 with Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring NetApp E Series Storage Devices using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring Nutanix Appliances using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring PostgreSQL with Monitoring Studio using a Configuration Template
- Monitoring Proxmox Systems using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring SharePoint using Monitoring Studio
- Monitoring Squid Cache Proxy using Monitoring Studio KM
- Monitoring Veeam Backup with Monitoring Studio