About EMC NetWorker KM for PATROL
EMC NetWorker KM for PATROL is a Knowledge Module (KM) for PATROL that monitor your EMC NetWorker environment in BMC TrueSight Operations Management to ensure it runs efficiently 24 hours a day. It provides the following information:
- Server availability: status of all the processes.
- Log files: monitoring of the daemon.log and messages files, size, etc.
- Pending Media Events: monitoring of the media mount requests
- Bootstrap Messages: bootstrap settings verification, recommendations, etc.
- Client Indexes: number of entries, utilization as a percentage and index size.
- Devices: status of mounted volumes and history of volume mounts.
- Save Groups and Save Sets: status, progress, size and duration
As a KM for PATROL, EMC NetWorker KM for PATROL runs natively on the BMC PATROL Agent. The monitored objects and metrics and their configuration are automatically integrated into the various BMC consoles:
- TrueSight Operations Management (in TrueSight Presentation Server)
- TrueSight Central Monitoring Administration (CMA)
- TrueSight Infrastructure Management
- PATROL Console (Classic)
- PATROL Central - Windows Edition
- PATROL Central - Web Edition
Since EMC NetWorker KM for PATROL,
- detects backup and restore errors
- helps prevent backup system failures
- detects disk or tapes space shortages
- helps identify bottlenecks and optimize the backup policies.
it ensures maximum backup application availability and maximum data protection.
storage networker km patrol