Integrating with BMC Portal
An integration component for BMC Portal is released along with the Knowledge Module (KM) in the form of a PAR file: SentrySoftware-PM-PATROL-SENXTRM-version.par. It enables visualization of parameter data of all objects monitored by the KM, in the BMC Portal environment.
This integration component is valid on BMC Portal v2.5 upwards.
To integrate EMC XtremIO KM with BMC Portal:
- Install the KM on top of a PATROL Agent as detailed in the Installation Guide. A PATROL Console will be required to configure the KM
- In the PATROL Console, make sure the KM properly discovered the EMC XtremIO storage systems and is collecting data
- Upload the PAR file in BMC Portal:
- Place the SentrySoftware-PM-PATROL-SENXTRM-version.par file in a known location on your file system.
- Login to BMC Portal with the superadmin credentials.
- Click on Portal, then under Tasks click Performance Managers.
- Click Upload and then click Browse to open a file selection dialog box.
- Select SentrySoftware-PM-PATROL-SENXTRM-version.par and click Upload.
- Create a new managed element:
- Login to BMC Portal with administrator credentials
- Click the Configure tab > Elements > Add
- Select Infrastructure Element and click Next
- Select an RSM to collect data about the infrastructure element and click Next
- Enter the name of the machine on which the PATROL agent is running, the Host Name and click Next
- Select the group to which your PM will belong and click Next
- Select the PATROL category, the Application Classes to add and click Next
- Set the Properties and Credentials that the RSM must have to access the specified elements and click Next. The list of thresholds is displayed. You can update these settings without impacting the values set in PATROL.
- Click Finish. Thresholds are set in the PATROL console. To get the last configurations made, click the Refresh PATROL Integration button available in the Elements page.