What is Monitoring Studio X?
Monitoring Studio X is a monitoring solution that enables you to monitor almost any technology (application, server, device, etc.) for which there is no out-of-the-box monitoring solution. Monitoring Studio X is designed as a regular Knowledge Module (KM) with a Web interface that brings the benefits of a standard solution: maintenance, updates, patches, etc. to further respond to growing technological needs for specific business-critical technologies.
Compatible with Linux/UNIX and Windows, Monitoring Studio X can rapidly be deployed to monitor anything, anywhere locally and remotely without coding.
What’s New with Monitoring Studio X?
While Monitoring Studio X remains a regular KM that can be installed through BMC Thorium or BMC TrueSight CMA, it provides a major new feature: its own innovative Web interface to:
- administer, query and configure the PATROL Agent in real-time
- configure Monitoring Studio X to monitor any technology, application, system or device, with easy-to-use Monitors for CLI, HTTP, SNMP, WBEM, WMI, database, etc
- try out your monitoring configuration live with the Dry Run tool and verify beforehand that it meets your needs and expectations
- visualize monitored objects, instances, parameters and events directly on the PATROL Agent
What to Monitor with Monitoring Studio X?
Monitoring Studio X offers a large choice of Monitors easily configurable to discover, monitor and collect information about the targeted technology.
Monitoring Studio X allows you to monitor:
- Command lines execution
- File systems
- PSL commands
- SNMP queries
- SNMP traps
- SQL queries
- WBEM queries
- Web and WMI requests
- Windows events
- Windows performance counters
- Windows services
The collected metrics of some of the above Monitors can be analyzed by searching for strings and regular expressions, extracting numeric values, mapping values, and creating instances dynamically to easily visualize the components of the monitored technologies.
The solution makes it easy to define alert thresholds and alert actions to detect and react to critical conditions with corrective solutions.
Monitoring Studio X comes with a large offering of templates to configure the monitoring of uncovered technologies and offers integration capabilities with Nagios plugins.
What to Do with the Web Interface?
The Monitoring Studio X Web Interface provides a modern, interactive and powerful way to visualize, configure and manage your entire monitored environment from an easy-to-use Web-based console. Refer to the Operating the Console section for details.
What to Do with the REST API?
The REST API allows you to query a PATROL Agent and interact with its main components:
- Agent (platform information)
- Agent Configuration
To access the REST API documentation, enter the following URL in your Web browser: https://<patrol-agent>:<port-agent>/swagger-ui/url=/openapi.yaml
- <patrol-agent> is the name of the PATROL Agent you have configured
- <port-agent> is the port number used by the PATROL Agent
For example (https://MyPatrolAgent:3443/swagger-ui/url=/openapi.yaml)