P1337 - Discovery Problems for IBM DS Disk ArraysAug 02, 2012
BPM-Express-for-Hardware-2.7.31.par.zip file for BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if:
- you are getting this error in the Machine Status "Problem: none of the connector files match this platform"
- and WBEM is not listed under "Available protocol(s) on ...":
- any Storage System monitored through an SMI-S Proxy or embedded SMI-S Provider, in particular IBM DS6000 and 8000 Disk Arrays based systems
- any Storage System where you specify WBEM credentials.
What does it fix?
BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware could not detect and discover the hardware components on the IBM DS Disk Arrays based systems since the initial WBEM protocol availability test failed. This issue was caused by an empty namespace list provided by the CIM Server. It has been fixed in version 2.7.31.
How to install the patch?
- Unzip the BPM-Express-for-Hardware-2.7.31.par.zip file. Log in to Portal as superadmin and upload the resulting .par file.
- "BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware by Sentry Software 2.7.31" appears in the Performance Manager list. Select the corresponding checkbox and click [Publish].
- BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware is then automatically upgraded on all the monitored elements. This process takes a few minutes.
- When the migration process is completed, the 2.7.31 version is marked as "Published".