P1348 - Monitoring Recent Oracle (SUN) x86 Servers Using IPMISep 19, 2012
Connector for IPMI monitoring
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if you need to monitor a recent Oracle (SUN) server or a SUN server with a recently updated firmware.
What does it fix?
- The connector now recognizes the manufacturer identifier of "Oracle" and processes SUN/Oracle specific sensors properly.
- Oracle/Sun Specific power supply sensors (PSx/VINOK and PSx/PWROK) now correctly interpreted.
- Debugging information has been improved.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following files to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the managed server:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems. The updated connector will automatically be taken into consideration.