P1599 - Monitoring Disks on VMware ESX ServersFeb 03, 2015
Connector for monitoring disks on a VMware ESX server (IPMI).
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if:
- You are seeing only one physical disk on your system when there should be more.
- You need a more descriptive physical disk ID.
What does it fix?
Because some servers use the same IPMI Monitored Device ID for all physical disks, the patched connector will now use the IPMI Device ID to group sensors for each physical disk. The physical disk's caption is now used as the Display ID.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.