BCOHP3P-374: Backport of the Latest HP 3PAR OptimizationsFeb 8, 2017
Version 7.1.01 of HP 3PAR ETL for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization, which can be installed on top of version 7.1.00 or directly as a fresh install.
Accepted versions of BMC TrueSight CO: 10.0.00.[01:*];10.0.[01:*];10.3.[00:*]
Should you install this patch?
Please install this patch if:
- You are experiencing Service ETL failures while discovering and collecting data
- You notice that hierarchy is partially loaded
- You need to get the capacity of all the volumes present in the Storage Pools and Storage Systems
- You wish to have the IQNs of your hosts
- You notice invalid values for:
- the capacity metrics of the Storage Pools
- the byte rate metrics of the Storage Systems, Nodes, Physical Disks and Volumes
What does it fix?
This patch offers the following improvements and fixes:
- The collection is not stopped anymore when a Java runtime error occurs while collecting.
- The Service ETL saver now ignores discoveries or collects failures.
- In verbose mode, the serviceLoading.log file now only provides information about data collection.
- The ST_CONFIGURED_VOLUME_CAPACITY metric was added to the STOGLB dataset to expose the capacity of all the volumes present in the Storage Pools and Storage Systems.
- The iQN (iSCSI Qualified Name) is now handled for host mappings.
- The computation method of the ST_CONSUMED_CAPACITY metric for the Storage Volume now corresponds to the sum of the ST_CONSUMED_CAPACITY metric of all its associated Common Provisioning Groups.
- The Storage Pool's ST_CAPACITY value is now computed upon the discovery and collect processes to ensure a better accuracy of its related metrics (ST_AVAILABLE_CAPACITY, ST_AVAILABLE_CAPACITY_PCT, ST_CONSUMED_CAPACITY_PCT, ST_POOL_SUBSCRIBED_CAPACITY, ST_POOL_SUBSCRIBED_CAPACITY_PCT).
- The computation method used to report on byte rates at the Storage System, Node, Physical Disk and Volume levels has been improved.
- Log files generated when collection fails are kept for troubleshooting purposes. Their name also includes their Exit status.IMPORTANT: These log files must be manually deleted on a regular basis.
How to install the patch?
- Access the BMC TrueSight CO Console.
- In the Administration tab, click SCHEDULER > ETL Tasks > HP 3PAR Extractor Service > Stop.
- Stop all the other ETL tasks by performing step 1
- In the Administration tab, click System > Maintenance.
- Verify the installation status of the already uploaded packages. If their status is "READY" or "RUNNING", wait for the installation to complete before proceeding.
- At the bottom of the Maintenance page, locate the Upload patch or additional package file section:
- Click Browse, locate and select the file to download named HP-3PAR-ETL-for-BMC-TrueSight-CO-7.1.01.zip
- Click Upload
- Read the Overview and click Next to continue.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the server on which the operation must be executed; that is on which server the package will be saved.
- Click Proceed to continue.
- A successful installation will result in a green line in the Additional Packages table.
- In the Administration tab, click SCHEDULER > ETL Tasks > HP 3PAR Extractor Service and click to start the active configuration
- Restart the other ETLs.