HC-647-KM: EMC Navisphere CLI is not Working on Linux Systems or Requires Higher PrivilegesAugust 1, 2017
Patch for Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL - Version(s) 1.8.01, 1.8.02, 1.9.00, 1.9.50, 1.9.60
This connector provides hardware monitoring through the EMC Navisphere CLI.
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if:
- hardware monitoring is not working from a Linux machine
- you want to use the operator/monitor roles to monitor your EMC CLARiiON / VNX Storage Systems.
What does it fix?
The connector now works properly on Linux systems and only requires monitor/operator privileges.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.