P1277: Improved Cisco UCS MonitoringFeb 3, 2012
Patch for Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL - Version(s) 1.7.00, 1.7.01
Connector for Cisco UCS Manager (Fabric Interconnect Switch)
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if:
- an "Invalid Temperature value" error message appears in the System Output Window
- an "Invalid LinkSpeed value" error message appears in the System Output Window
- you need to better identify the blade servers by their "user label" and model name
What does it fix?
- Temperature sensors with a "not-applicable" value are excluded from the monitoring.
- The network cards with an "indeterminate" link speed will not collect the LinkSpeed parameter.
- The blade instances properly show both the "user label" if any has been customized by the administrator and the actual model name (instead of a product code).
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the %PATROL_HOME%\lib\MS_HW_hdf or $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the managed server:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.