P1426: Improving Monitoring of Veritas Cluster Server SystemsJul 19, 2013
- PSL library files (psl/VCS_*.lib)
- Control file (VCS/control)
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if you are experiencing heavy CPU usage when the VCSResourceCollector executes, or if you are using the KM to monitor VCS on Windows platforms.
What does it fix?
WAN heartbeat status (VCSWHeartbeatStatus) was not monitored correctly on Windows cluster nodes. This patch corrects the syntax error in the command.
In large VCS clusters, high CPU usage was observed with heavy I/O. This patch changes the resource and service group status commands used by the VCSGroupCollector and VCSResourceCollector to avoid processing large command outputs.
How to install the patch?
- Unzip patch_vcs2500_mu1.zip to a temporary directory.
- Copy the following files to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/psl or %PATROL_HOME%\lib\psl directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/VCS or %PATROL_HOME%\lib\VCS directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Restart the PATROL Agent for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.