P1452: Monitoring of network interfaces does not work on HP ProLiant systems running VMware or LinuxOct 3, 2013
Patch for Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL - Version(s) 1.8.00, 1.8.01
Connector for HP Insight Management Agent - Server - WBEM
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch to monitor HP ProLiant servers running VMware ESX or Linux.
What does it fix?
- All network cards are now properly discovered
- Parameters are now correctly collected for the regular network interfaces (non-iLO)
- The LinkStatus of the network cards is now properly collected for all network interfaces
- Each card is better identified with its interface name (eth0, vmnic0, etc.) and model
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.