P1566: RAID controller's batteries: False Warnings (IBM xSeries) and Improved Battery-controller AssociationOct 17, 2014
Patch for BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware - Version(s) 2.7.26, 2.7.28, 2.9.00, 2.9.10, 2.9.20
- Connector for SMI-S Compliant RAID Controller - Linux
- Connector for SMI-S Compliant RAID Controller - Windows
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if:
- Your RAID controller's battery is not properly associated to its related RAID controller.
- You get a false warning on the battery of the IBM ServeRAID controller on IBM xSeries server.
What does it fix?
- A more reliable method is now being used to associate batteries to their related disk controllers. Successful activation of this connector will automatically disable the previous monitoring method (SMI-S based).
- The status code returned by the IBM Director Agent for the controller's battery was occasionally misinterpreted as degraded.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following files to %RSM_HOME%\RSMxx\SEN_HW\hdf_2xxx\ on each RSM:
- No further actions are required. The new component monitoring will be added at the next discovery.