P1685: Improved Temperature Monitoring on HP Servers Running VMwareSeptember 4, 2015
Patch for Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL - Version(s) 1.8.00, 1.8.01, 1.8.02, 1.9.00
Connector for HP Insight Management Agent - Server - WBEM
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if you are getting temperature alerts for temperatures near but not over HP's recommended thresholds.
What does it fix?
- Thresholds labeled as "Critical" are often only "Warning" temperatures in HP's Insight Manager Agent. The patch now detects this problem and sets the right thresholds.
- Display IDs have been improved to enable easier component identification.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.