P1703: Support for EMC NAS 8.1.0 and ImprovementsNovember 10, 2015
Patch for EMC SMI-S Agent ETL for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization - Version(s) 7.1.00
Version 7.1.01 of EMC SMIS Agent ETL for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization, which can be installed on top of version 7.1.00 or directly as a fresh install.
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch:
- If your EMC NAS uses version 8.1.0 of the embedded SMI-S provider
- If you noticed a data gap for the Disk Utilization Percentage (BYDISK_UTIL) or the Disk Response Time (BYDISK_RESPONSE_TIME) metrics
- If you noticed missing relations between Storage Volume and Storage Pool.
What does it fix?
This patch offers the following improvements and fixes:
- Support for EMC NAS 8.1.0.
- The Disk Utilization Percentage (BYDISK_UTIL) and Disk Response Time (BYDISK_RESPONSE_TIME) are now properly collected.
- The relations between Storage Volume and Storage Pool are now properly discovered.
How to install the patch?
- Access the BMC TrueSight CO Console.
- In the Administration tab, click SCHEDULER > ETL Tasks > EMC SMI-S Agent Extractor Service > Stop.
- Stop all the other ETL tasks by performing step 1
- In the Administration tab, click System > Maintenance.
- Verify the installation status of the already uploaded packages. If their status is "READY" or "RUNNING", wait for the installation to complete before proceeding.
- At the bottom of the Maintenance page, locate the Upload patch or additional package file section:
- Click Browse, locate and select the file to download named EMC-SMIS-Agent-ETL-for-BMC-TrueSight-CO-7.1.01.zip
- Click Upload
- Read the Overview and click Next to continue.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the server on which the operation must be executed; that is on which server the package will be saved.
- Click Proceed to continue.
- A successful installation will result in a green line in the Additional Packages table.
- In the Administration tab, click SCHEDULER > ETL Tasks > EMS SMI-S Agent Extractor Service and click to start the active configuration
- Restart the other ETLs.