P1717: Support for Hitachi VSP Gxxxx Series and Other ImprovementsDec 29, 2015
Version 1.4.04 of Hitachi Disk Arrays KM for PATROL which can be installed on top of version 1.4.xx or directly as a fresh install.
- senhds_ALL_1404.zip - Installation on Windows
- senhds_ALL_1404.tar - Installation on UNIX/LINUX
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if:
- You wish to monitor Hitachi VSP Gxxxx Series storage systems
- You need the host information for mapped volumes
What does it fix?
- Adds monitoring of Hitachi VSP Gxxxx Series storage systems
- Provides the host information for mapped volumes
How to install the patch?
This patch can be installed through the BMC installation utility, just like any other KM. Please refer to the Hitachi Disk Arrays KM Installation Guide for the setup instructions.
To monitor Hitachi VSP Gxxx Series storage systems, you must add a connection to the embedded SMI-S provider. The procedure is as follows:
- Right-click the Hitachi KM main icon > KM Commands > Add a Connection to a Hitachi Device Manager
- Enter the Server Host Name or IP address of the embedded SMI-S Provider and click Next.
- Provide the WBEM Credentials and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- The Consumed Capacity returned for volumes is not accurate due to a bug identified on the Hitachi API.
- Collect issues may occur if Hitachi VSP Gxxxx Series Storage Systems have been previously attached to a different SMI-S provider for other purposes such as provisioning. To solve this collect issue, you will have to upgrade your version of Hitachi Device Manager to version 8.2.0.-03.
Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
Download the Connection Tool Hitachi_ConnectionTool_V1.0.02.jar to test the connection to the Hitachi Device Manager. Learn more in this KB article: Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues.