P1725: Oracle Hardware Management Agent - Disk Controllers False EventsJanuary 21, 2016
Patch for Hardware Sentry KM for PATROL - Version(s) 1.8.01, 1.8.02, 1.9.00, 1.9.50
Connector for Oracle/Sun - Oracle Hardware Management Agent
Should you install this patch?
- If you want to monitor Logical RAID disks/volumes (Hardware RAID)
- If you are getting false "missing" status events from Disk Controllers
What does it fix?
- Adds monitoring of Logical RAID disks/volumes.
- The IDs assigned by the Oracle agent to identify Disk Controllers are not stable in the Oracle/Sun Hardware Agent. This could prevent the KM to accurately associate an event with the right disk controller. To avoid this problem, the connector will now use the name of the controller as the unique ID (and display ID).
Note: Sun Iostat & Sun Non-Iostat Connectors are now superseded (disabled) by this connector.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the %PATROL_HOME%\lib\MS_HW_hdf or the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect. Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.