P1726: Oracle Hardware Management Agent - Disk Controllers False EventsJanuary 21, 2016
Patch for BMC Performance Manager Express for Hardware - Version(s) 2.9.00, 2.9.10, 2.9.20, 2.9.25
Connector for Oracle/Sun - Oracle Hardware Management Agent
Should you install this patch?
- If you want to monitor Logical RAID disks/volumes (Hardware RAID)
- If you are getting false "missing" status events from Disk Controllers
What does it fix?
- Adds monitoring of Logical RAID disks/volumes.
- The IDs assigned by the Oracle agent to identify Disk Controllers are not stable in the Oracle/Sun Hardware Agent. This could prevent the product to accurately associate an event with the right disk controller. To avoid this problem, the connector will now use the name of the controller as the unique ID (and display ID).
Note: Sun Iostat & Sun Non-Iostat Connectors are now superseded (disabled) by this connector.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to %RSM_HOME%\RSMxx\SEN_HW\hdf_2xxx\ on each RSM:
- No further actions are required. The new component monitoring will be added at the next discovery.