P1754: Patch for EMC SMI-S Agent ETL for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization 7.1.00May 26, 2016
Version 7.1.02 of EMC SMI-S Agent ETL for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization, which can be installed on top of version 7.1.00 or directly as a fresh install.
Accepted versions of BMC TrueSight CO: 10.0.00.[01:*];10.0.[01:*];10.3.[00:*]
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if:
- you wish to better identify the subscribed and configured capacity of your storage pools and storage systems.
- the Consumed Capacity is not correct for volumes and storage systems when having external pools.
What does it fix?
This patch offers the following fixes and improvements:
- BCOEMC-1020 - A new metric ST_CONFIGURED_VOLUME_CAPACITY was added to STOGLB dataset to expose the capacity of all the volumes present in the Storage Pools and Storage Systems. Contrary to the subscribed capacity metric, which only considers mapped volumes, this metric is the sum of the Host Volume Visible Capacity of all the attached volumes.
- BCOEMC-1046 - The computation method for the Volume’s consumed capacity metric was changed to consider all the virtual provisioning pools associated to the volumes in case of external pools.
How to install the patch?
- Access the BMC TrueSight CO Console.
- In the Administration tab, click ETL & SYSTEM TASK > EMC SMI-S Agent Extractor Service > Stop.
- Stop all the other ETL tasks by performing step 1
- In the Administration tab, click System > Maintenance.
- Verify the installation status of the already uploaded packages. If their status is "READY" or "RUNNING", wait for the installation to complete before proceeding.
- At the bottom of the Maintenance page, locate the Upload patch or additional package file section:
- Click Browse, locate and select the file to download named EMC-SMIS-Agent-ETL-for-BMC-TrueSight-CO-7.1.02.zip
- Click Upload
- Read the Overview and click Next to continue.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the server on which the operation must be executed; that is on which server the package will be saved.
- Click Proceed to continue.
- A successful installation will result in a green line in the Additional Packages table.
- In the Administration tab, click ETL & SYSTEM TASK > EMC SMI-S Agent Extractor Service and click to start the active configuration
- Restart the other ETLs.