P1757: Various Fixed Issues and Improvements June 23, 2016
Patch for Dell Compellent KM for PATROL - Version(s) 1.2.01
This patch is replaced with !
Version 1.2.01 of Dell Compellent KM for PATROL which can be installed on top of version 1.2.xx or directly as a fresh install:
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if:
- you get a CMPLResponseException on UPS requests.
- disks that are in an Enclosure Position "0" are not discovered
- fans, batteries and power supplies are not discovered on Controller
- do not see the Storage Center FQDN in the PATROL Infobox and PATROL Annotation.
What does it fix?
- Dell Compellent KM for PATROL now successfully reports on UPS status and availability.
- The method used to calculate the Size and Capacity parameters for Storage Centers has been reviewed and improved.
- Size: Sum of all disks size (including managed disks, spare disks and all disks in Unassigned DiskFolder).
- Capacity: Sum of managed disks associated to a managed DiskFolder.
- Disks which position in their enclosure is '0' are now properly discovered.
- Dell Compellent KM for PATROL now properly discovers fans, batteries and power supplies on Controller. Due to a Dell Compellent API limitation, the Dell Compellent KM for PATROL is not able to retrieve fans, batteries and power supplies on enclosure.
- The value collected for the size of Cache Cards Memory on controllers has proved to be irrelevant. This information has been removed from the Infobox.
- The Storage Center FQDN is now reported in the PATROL Infobox and PATROL Annotation.
How to install the patch?
This patch can be installed through the BMC installation utility, just like any other KM. Please refer to the Dell Compellent KM Installation Guide for setup installations.