P1756: Handling large values in stats parametersJun 23, 2016
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if you are using Veritas Volume Manager KM v2.5.01 on any platform.
What does it fix?
VVM-223 - When the cumulative I/O stats returned by Veritas Volume Manager commands became too large (more than 231), the related parameters failed and stopped collecting data. Thus, metrics for rate-based parameters such as ReadKBytesRate, WriteKBytesRate, IOKBytesRate were not properly reported for volumes, plexes, disks devices and subdisks. The product now stores the actual read, write or total I/O collected since the last collection cycle to avoid values reported by these parameters to grow cumulatively and to reach their limitation.
How to install the patch?
How to install 2501B01.zip and 2501B01.tar?
- On Windows, unzip the following file to the %PATROL_HOME% directory on the managed systems:
- On UNIX, un-tar the following file to the $PATROL_HOME directory on the managed systems:
- Restart the PATROL Agent for the patch to take effect.
- Repeat the above procedure(s) on all PATROL Agent and Classic Console systems running VVM KM v2.5.01.
How to install vvmp_ALL_250101.zip and vvmp_ALL_250101.tar?
- The following patch bundles must be installed with the BMC Software Installation Utility, as a standard KM.
- Please refer to the Veritas Volume Manager KM Installation Guide for the setup instructions.