P1022 - MS_HW_SunPrtdiag.hdfJun 15, 2007
Hardware Sentry connector for Sun Solaris - Environment
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if you are using Hardware Sentry on a Sun SPARC-based server.
What does it fix?
This is a cumulative patch for the following problems:
- Hardware Sentry was not able to monitor the processors of the Sun Fire V1280 server and wrongly displayed a single processor instance in the PATROL Consoles.
- Hardware Sentry was not able to retrieve the status of processors of the Sun Fire V440 server
- Hardware Sentry wrongly reported failing fans on Sun Fire V210 and V240 servers
- On V100, V110 and V120 servers, Hardware Sentry was leaving empty temporary files in the /tmp directory when not configured with the root account.
- Added support for Sun Fire V490 and V890
- Added memory modules monitoring a a few Sun servers
-Improved monitoring of Sun Blade 100 and 150, Sun Fire V100, V120, V210, V240 and V440 servers
- Power supplies were incorrectly monitored on Sun Fire 880
- Fans and temperatures were incorrectly monitored on Sun Blade 150
- The environment was not monitored on some Sun Fire V240 servers
- Faulty processors were reported with an "unknown status"
How to install the patch?
Install the MS_HW_SunPrtdiag.hdf file in the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory of the managed server. Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect. Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.