P1073 - Patch bundle for HP-UX serversJan 28, 2009
Updated connectors to improve the monitoring of HP-UX servers (HP 9000 and HP Integrity). REPLACES patch P1066.
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if you are using Hardware Sentry to monitor an HP-UX server.
What does it fix?
This patch fixes an important issue with the previously published patch P1066, which caused the PATROL Agent to consumes too much processor time (up to 20% on average).
This new patch also includes the improvements brought by the P1066 patch described below.
This bundle of connectors improves the monitoring of all types of HP-UX servers:
- Adds support for a broader range of MP and GSP cards
- Fixes connection and disconnection issues with MP and GSP cards
- Fixes an issue where devices were wrongly reported as missing
- Fixes performance issues with disk monitoring
- Fixes processor discovery on some Itanium systems
How to install the patch?
Copy the following files in the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the managed server:
Copy the following file in the $PATROL_HOME/lib/psl directory:
Reinitialize the PATROL Agent for the patch to take effect.
Warning: The KM stops working as soon as the *.lib files are copied in the $PATROL_HOME/lib/psl directory.