P1104 - Connector file for Sun Fire Mx000 (XSCF)Jan 07, 2009
Connector file for Sun Fire Mx000 (XSCF)
Should you install this patch?
Apply this patch if you are monitoring a Sun Enterprise Mx000 server.
What does it fix?
- Fixed discovery of processors and memory modules on separate boards on M8000 and M9000 systems.
- Added monitoring of the DC-to-DC converters.
- Added complete support for the I/O expansion units (I/O boards, power supplies, uplink and downlink cards).
- Added monitoring of the CPU and memory boards (not just the CPUs and memory modules).
- Added monitoring of the Crossbar and Clock units on M9000 systems.
- Fixed monitoring of the Operator panel and XSCF units on M8000 and M9000 systems.
- Improved the power consumption evaluation.
- Fixed unknown state status for power supplies
How to install the patch?
Install the MS_HW_SunXscf.hdf file in the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory and re-initialize Hardware Sentry KM ([right-click] on the main Hardware icon > [KM Commands] > [Reinitialize�]).
It is very important to reinitialize the KM and not the PATROL Agent to avoid false alerts about missing devices.