P1189 - Patch for Sun Mx0000 (XSCF) systemsDec 03, 2010
Connectors for Sun XSCF Systems
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if the locations of some Voltage Sensors start with numbers like "5.0VL" instead of MBU# and CMU#. This patch also adds temperature monitoring.
What does it fix?
Fixes location identifiers for voltage sensors so that all sensors and their correct location are shown.
Adds temperature monitoring with default thresholds (as no thresholds are provided by the XSCF) of:
- Ambient Temperature - Warning:40 - Alarm:45
- CMUs - Warning:55 - Alarm:60
- CPU Cores - Warning:85 - Alarm:100
How to install the patch?
- Copy the file MS_HW_SunXscf.hdf to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the managed server.
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect. Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.