P1357 - Unable to Monitor IBM VIO Servers with a User that has an Unrestricted ShellOct 17, 2012
Connector for monitoring IBM pSeries servers with VIO Servers.
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if the user logging into the VIO Server has an unrestricted shell.
What does it fix?
- The connector will now test for an unrestricted shell and if found will run all commands with their full path. If a restricted shell is found, commands will continue to be run with no path specified.
- AIX Connectors not designed for VIO Servers will also now be deactivated.
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the Hardware Sentry KM is installed:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.