P1414 - Patch for Linux servers with emX or pXpY network portsMay 24, 2012
Connectors for monitoring Network Cards on Linux systems
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if:
- you are using a recent version of Linux where BIOS Device Names (emX or pXpY) are used to identify network ports.
- you have administratively down network ports being monitored.
What does it fix?
- Adds support for emX and pXpY ports.
- Allows that an administratively down network port, if listed just before the loopback interface, would still be monitored as if it was administratively up (Linux - Network Only).
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following files to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.
- Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.