P1429 - IBM AIX Servers - LUN monitoringAug 06, 2013
Connectors for monitoring LUN availability and Disk Status on AIX systems.
Should you install this patch?
- Install this patch if you have multipathed LUNs on your AIX system or wish to monitor your disk controller.
- Customers monitoring a VIOS with a restricted shell user should use the IBM - VIOS connector.
What does it fix?
- Adds monitoring of LUN path count on AIX systems using the lspath utility.
- Adds monitoring of Disk Controllers (includes some disk issues that are reported as controller issues).
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following files to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect. Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.