P1465 - Improved Monitoring of IBM VIO ServersOct 03, 2013
Connector for IBM VIO Server
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if you need to monitor an IBM VIO Server (in normal restricted shell).
What does it fix?
- Removes support for unrestricted shell. To monitor an IBM VIO Server in an unrestricted shell, use the standard IBM AIX connectors
- Adds the monitoring of Disk Controllers
- Adds the monitoring of LUNs (AvailablePathcount)
- The ErrorCount parameter has been added for Physical Disks and the Status parameter removed (No reliable physical disk status is available)
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following file to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the managed server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect.