P1636 - NetApp Filers not Properly DiscoveredApr 21, 2015
Version 5.0.02 of NetApp Data ONTAP ETL for BMC TrueSight CO, which can be installed on top of versions 5.0.00, 5.0.01, or directly as a first installation
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if you get a NullPointerException that prevents NetApp Filers to be properly discovered.
What does it fix?
When some required metrics could not be obtained from the NetApp DATA ONTAP API, a NullPointerException error was triggered which prevented the ETL to properly discover NetApp filers. Version 5.0.02 of the ETL now verifies the availability of these required metrics before attempting to use them.
How to install the patch?
- Access the BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Console.
- Stop the Storage - NetApp Data ONTAP Extractor Service ETL tasks:
- In the Administration tab, click ETL & SYSTEM TASKS > ETL Tasks > Storage - NetApp Data ONTAP Extractor Service.
- Click the Stop button.
- Resume the procedure to stop all the Storage - NetApp Data ONTAP Extractor Service ETL tasks.
- In the Administration tab, click System > Maintenance.
- Verify the installation status of the already uploaded packages. If their status is "READY" or "RUNNING", wait for the installation to complete before proceeding.
- At the bottom of the Maintenance page, locate the Upload patch or additional component file section
- Click Browse, locate and select the file to download depending on your version of BMC TrueSight CO:
- BMC TrueSight CO v10: NetApp-Data-ONTAP-ETL-for-BMC-TrueSight-CO-5.0.02.zip
- BMC TrueSight CO v9.5: NetApp-Data-ONTAP-ETL-for-BMC-TrueSight-CO-5.0.02-Compatibility95.zip
- Click Upload
- Click Next.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the server on which the operation must be executed; that is on which server the package will be saved.
- Click Proceed to continue.
- A successful execution will result in a green line in the Additional Package tab.
- Start the Storage - NetApp Data ONTAP Extractor Service ETL tasks
- In the Administration tab, click ETL & SYSTEM TASKS > ETL Tasks
- Click to start the active configuration for the all the ETL tasks you previously stopped.