P1649 - Improved Network Monitoring through SNMP MIB-2 for Windows and Network SwitchesJun 09, 2015
- Connector for MIB-2 Standard SNMP Agent - Network Interfaces - Windows
- Connector for MIB-2 Standard SNMP Agent - Network Interfaces
Should you install this patch?
Install this patch if you are monitoring a server running Windows 2008/2012 or a switch using SNMP.
What does it fix?
- Improves the Display IDs to match Windows Description / Unique port ID.
- Excludes monitoring of Windows "Hyper-V Network Switch Default Miniports".
How to install the patch?
- Copy the following files to the $PATROL_HOME/lib/MS_HW_hdf directory on the server where the PATROL Agent runs:
- Re-initialize Hardware Sentry for the patch to take effect. Nothing needs to be installed on Console systems.